ALi MAGiK 1
760 - 760-MP - 760-MPX
Radeon Xpress 200 & 200P
HT-1000 - HT-2000
nForce - nForce2
nForce2 400 - nForce3
nForce4 - nForce Pro
SiS735 - SiS745
SiS746 - SiS746FX
SiS748 - SIS755FX
K8N800 - K8T800
K8T800 Pro - K8T890
KM266 - KM400
KN266 - KN400
KT133A - KT266
KT266A - KT333
KT400 - KT400A
KT600 - KT880
|AMD64 Chipset Special|
Featuring PCI Express, the newest high-performance and low-cost I/O interconnect architecture, the M1573 is the highest integration southbridge solution between PCI-Express Link bus, PCI bus, and peripheral buses for personal computer systems.
The M1573 integrates a High Definition (HD) Audio/AC’97 Host Controller, 2-channel dedicated Ultra-66/100/133 IDE Master controller, SATA Host Controller, USB 2.0/1.1 Host controllers, IO APIC controller, as well as 1/10/100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet MAC layer and PCI Express interface. Additional features include Host Signal Processing (HSP) software modem solution, ACPI support, green function, and Real Time Clock.
The built-in SATA host controller supports up-to 4 SATA ports; each supports SATA 1.0, 1.5Gbps data rate,
SATA II feature and AHCI. By incorporating USB 2.0 host controller with the data transfer rate up to 480 Mb/s, the M1573 provides the most advanced connectivity for higher performance USB devices. 8 USB ports are supported with 1 USB 2.0 EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface) controller and 3 USB 1.1 OHCI controllers. The built-in Audio solution in the M1573 is an advanced PCI HSP audio controller with Scatter-gathering DMA fully supported.
The M1573 Audio is compliant with standard AC’97 and its successor HD Audio. 6 audio playback channels for PCM_out L/R, Surr L/R, Center and LFE, dual PCM inputs and dual microphone inputs are supported on AC-Link, while 6 independent output streams and 5 input streams are supported on HD Audio Link. Each HD Audio stream can have 8/16/24/32-bit samples at rate from 8kHz to 192kHz, with channel numbers from 1 to 16.
The 100BASE-TX/10Base-T Fast Ethernet MAC is fully compliant with PCI Spec. 2.3 and IEEE802.3u. The MAC provides a direct interface to the PCI local bus and direct connection to the PHY/transceiver via MII/RMII interface. As a controller, it is bus master capable. The MAC also supports auto-negotiation function that enables it to detect speed and duplex automatically. The MAC provides the Power Management capability that is compliant with the Network Device Class Power Management Specifications Rev 1.1, ACPI Specifications Rev 2.0, and the PCI Bus Power Management Interface Specifications 1.1.
In addition, it can support remote wake-up capability to power up a remote sleeping station on the network. The M1573 also provides the best power management solution. The M1573 incorporates ACPI support, deep green function, and 2-channel Ultra DMA-33/66/100/133 IDE bus master controller, all into one 31mmx31mm BGA (Ball Grid Array) chip.
|High Integration Bridge
Integrated with Audio, HSP Modem, LAN, USB, and IDE, M1573 is a high integration bridge between PCI Express, PCI and Peripheral Buses for Desktop and Notebook Systems.
PCI Express Interface
- Low-overhead, low-latency communications.
- Comprehend different data types and ordering rules.
- Power Management.
- Supports PCI Master and Slave Interface.
- PCI spec. 2.3 compliant.
- PCI Power Management Interface spec. 1.1 compliant.
- Supports up to 7 PCI Masters.
- Supports programmable PCI arbitration priority of PREQ#/PGNT#.
Provides Steerable PCI Interrupts for PCI Device Plug-and-Play
Enhanced DMA Controller
- Provides 7 Programmable Channels, 4 for 8-bit Data Size, 3 for 16-bit Data Size.
- 32-bit Address-ability.
- Provides 14 Interrupt Channels.
- Independent Programmable Level/Edge Triggered Channels.
- Integrated IO-APIC capability.
- Provides 8254 Compatible Timers for System Timer, Refresh Request, and Speaker Output Use.
- Provides 3 multimedia timers.
Serialized IRQ Supported
- Quiet/Continuous Mode.
- Programmable (Default 21) IRQ/DATA Frames.
- Programmable START Frame Pulse Width.
Build-in Real Time Clock
- Common calendar year with leap year compensation.
- Binary or BCD data representation.
- 12/24 hour mode.
- Daylight saving time option.
- Interfaces with software as 256 bytes of RAM.
- 15 bytes of clock and control registers
- 241 bytes of general-purpose RAM
- Month-of-day alarm.
- Full Support for ACPI and OS Directed Power
- Full Support for Instantly Available PC feature.
- CPU SMM Legacy Mode and SMI Feature support.
- Full Support of Clock Control Functions.
- Supports I/O Trap for I/O Restart Feature.
- PMU Operation States:
1. G0 State
-- Standby Mode
2. G1 State (Suspend Mode 1)
-- S1 State (Power On Suspend)
-- S3 State (Suspend To RAM)
-- S4 State (Suspend To DISK)
3. G2 State (Suspend Mode 2)
-- S5 State (Soft-Off)
4. G3 State (Mechanical-Off)
- Legacy Monitor Timers support.
- Low Battery timer support (Mobile Only).
- Provides System Activity Monitoring.
- Multiple External Wakeup Events.
- CLKRUN# Function Supported for PCI Mobile
Design Guide Ver1.1 (Mobile Only).
- Thermal Alarm support.
- Clock Generator Control Logic support.
-- CPUCLK Stop Control
-- PCICLK Stop Control
- Run Time Events support.
- General Purpose Input Signals, General Purpose Output Signals and General Purpose Input/Output Signals support.
- All Registers Readable/Restorable for Proper
Resume from Suspend State.
- Watch Dog Timer for:
-- Set a Bit in Register
-- Generate an SMI#/SCI/NMI/INIT
-- Generate System Reset
Built-in PCI IDE Controller
- Supports Ultra DMA Mode Transfers up to Mode 6 Timing (133 Mbytes/sec).
- Supports 48-bit LBA (Large Disk), hard driver
larger than 137 GB.
- Supports PIO Modes up to Mode 4 Timings, and Multiword DMA Mode 0,1,2 with Independent Timing of up to 4 drives.
- Dedicated Pins of ATA Interface for each Channel.
- Supports Tri-state IDE Signals for Swap Bay.
- One EHCI USB 2.0 and three OHCI USB 1.1
Host Controllers for supporting up to eight USB
- Supports HS (480Mbits/sec), FS (12Mbits/sec)
and LS (1.5Mbits/sec) data transfer rate.
- Supports system wake-up from S1 – S4.
- Supports Legacy Keyboard and Mouse
emulation in DOS environment.
Low Pin Count (LPC Rev1.1) Interface
- Supports LPC interface for legacy devices.
- Supports 2 Master/DMA devices.
- Supports firmware memory cycles with up to
16 byte read.
- Intel HD Audio compliant: enable DVD audio,
streaming video, Internet phone
communications as well as auto switching and
detection of audio devices.
- Fully Plug-and-Play PCI controller and
- PCI 2.3 compliant bus master optimized for
multiple stream operation.
- Scatter-gathering support.
- Dual PCM inputs and dual microphone inputs
- 6 audio playback channels: PCM_out L/R, Surr
L/R, Center and LFE.
- 20-bit sample resolution support.
- Up to 3 AC’97 SDATA_IN pins support – 3
codecs (2 for audio and 1 for modem).
HD Audio Controller
- Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA)
- 6 generic output stream DMA Engines.
- 5 generic input stream DMA Engines.
- CORB/RIRB support.
- Immediate command/response interface
- 1 SDO for 48Mb/s output bandwidth.
- 3 SDI for 24Mb/s input bandwidth each.
- Modem wake-up support.
- Codec hot-plug support.
- Dual links for HD Audio/AC’97 co-existence.
Software Modem Interface
- Provides AC’97 2.3 compliant digital controller
interface for third parties (such as the AMC Codec’s vendor) to enable the software modem solution.
- 2 separate telephony bus master channels:
One for modem output, one for modem input.
- AC’97 2.3 Modem variable sample rate support
for “On Demand” sample transport scheme.
- AC’97 2.3 GPIO pin status and control support.
- Power Management and wake-up event support.
- Caller ID string transmission via AC-link support.
1/10/100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet MAC
- Provides 1/10/100 Mbps Medium Access Control (MAC) controller for the best solution of the phone-line/Ethernet LAN connectivity.
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T standard.
- PCI interface controller fully compliant with PCI
- EEPROM interface to store configuration information and user defined messages.
- Two large independent receive FIFO (2K) & transmit FIFO (2K) with programmable FIFO threshold and full packet burst processing.
- Supports automatic packet deletion for runt packets and packet re-transmission with no FIFO reload.
- Supports Full/Half Duplex operation.
- Physical, broadcast address recognition and 512-bit hash table algorithm for multicast address filtering.
- Compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Specification (ACPI) Revision 2.0.
- Compliant with the Network Device Class Power Management 1.0.
- Compliant with PCI Bus Power Management
Interface specification 1.1.
- Compliant with IEEE802.3u Auto-negotiation protocol for automatic link type selection.
- WFM 2.0 compliance.
Serial ATA Host Controller
- Supports SATA 1.0 (High Speed Serialized AT
Attachment, Revision 1.0a), 1.5 Gb/s data rate.
- Supports Host adapter register interface (SCR,
Status and Control Registers).
- Independent DMA operation on four ports
- Supports SATA II features.
- Supports AHCI (Serial ATA Advanced Host
628-Ball (31mmx31mm) BGA Package
|ATi and ALi-ULi are teaming up to offer a complete solution. Here with the ATi RS480 with PCI-Express and integrated DirectX 9.0 graphics core|
|ALi- ULi M1573 southbridge and ATi RS480
northbridge on a socket 939 reference board
|Your best source for AMD Athlon 64, barebones, DDR, nForce2, nForce3, nForce4, motherboards, notebooks, Opteron, Sempron & Turion 64 information|
|Socket 754 Motherboards
Socket 940 Motherboards
Socket 939 Special
Socket 939 Packaging
Athlon 64 3000+ Special
Athlon 64 3200+ Special
Athlon 64 3400+ Special
Athlon 64 3500+ Special
Athlon 64 3800+ Special
Athlon 64 4000+ Special
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Special
Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Special
Athlon FX 53 Special
Athlon FX 55 Special
Athlon 64 Special
Turion 64 Special
PCI Express Special
World Best Sellers
World Best Price Finders