ALi - ULi
ALi MAGiK 1
760 - 760-MP - 760-MPX
Radeon Xpress 200 & 200P
HT-1000 - HT-2000
nForce - nForce2
nForce2 400 - nForce3
nForce4 - nForce Pro
SiS735 - SiS745
SiS746 - SiS746FX
SiS748 - SIS755FX
K8N800 - K8T800
K8T800 Pro - K8T890
KM266 - KM400
KN266 - KN400
KT133A - KT266
KT266A - KT333
KT400 - KT400A
KT600 - KT880
|AMD64 Chipset Special|
M1697 is ULiís new generation super K8 PCI Express single chipset designed for high-performance PCI Express based PC systems. The PCI Express can provide higher transmission bandwidth and simplifies PC design at reduced system costs. M1697 supports the AMD Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2 Processors including Socket 754, Socket 939 and Socket 940 CPUs. The speed of HyperTransport Bus to CPU can reach up to 2.0GT/sec. PCI Express for graphics offers 4GB/sec of peak bandwidth per direction for a x16 link and 8GB/sec concurrent bandwidth. It allows for the highest gaming performance and future digital home graphical user interface without increasing the pin cost for x16 connectors. With PCI Express x16, M1697 provides system designers with enough headroom to interface with new PCI Express graphics solutions to fulfill various market requirements. The M1697ís HyperTransport bus can reach up to 8.0GB/sec to K8 CPU side. M1697 supports 3 x1 or 1 x4 PCI Express bus for PCI Express High Speed I/O devices.
The M1697 integrates High Definition Audio and ACí97 Host Controller, 2- channel dedicated Ultra-66/100/133 IDE Master controller, SATA Host Controller, USB 2.0/1.1 Host controllers, IO APIC controller, as well as 1/10/100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet MAC controller and PCI Express interface. Additional features include Host Signal Processing (HSP) software modem solution, ACPI support, Power Management Green function, and Real Time Clock. The built-in SATA AHCI host controller supports up-to 4 SATA ports; each supports SATA 1.5Gb/sec data rate or SATA II 3.0Gb/sec data rate. By incorporating USB 2.0 host controller with the data transfer rate up to 480 Mb/sec, the M1697 provides the most advanced connectivity for higher performance USB devices. 8 USB ports are supported with 1 USB 2.0 EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface) controller and 3 USB 1.1 OHCI controllers. The built-in Audio solution in the M1697 is an advanced PCI HSP audio controller with Scatter-gathering DMA fully supported. The M1697 Audio is compliant with standard ACí97 CODEC and its successor High Definition Audio. 6 audio playback channels for PCM_out L/R, Surr L/R, Center and LFE, dual PCM inputs and dual microphone inputs are supported on AC-Link, while 6 independent output streams and 5 input streams are supported on HD Audio Link. Each HD Audio stream can have 8/16/24/32-bit samples at a rate from 8 kHz to 192 kHz, with channel numbers from 1 to 16. The 100Base-TX/10Base-T Fast Ethernet MAC is fully compliant with PCI Spec. 2.3 and IEEE802.3u. The MAC provides a direct interface to the PCI local bus and direct connection to the PHY/transceiver via MII/RMII interface. As a controller, it is bus master capable. The MAC also supports auto-negotiation function that enables it to detect speed and duplex automatically. The MAC provides the Power Management capability that is compliant with the Network Device Class Power Management Specifications Rev 1.1, ACPI Specifications Rev 2.0, and the PCI Bus Power Management Interface Specifications 1.1. In addition, it can support remote wake-up capability to power up a remote sleeping station on the network. M1697 can choose to boot via either LPC flash ROM or SPI flash ROM. This is decided by a hardware strapping status bit that can be overridden by software. The M1697 SPI, operating on a fixed 33MHz clock frequency, can issue both Read and Fast Read commands to collocate with SPI flash ROM of various operating speeds. The M1697 also provides the best Power Management solution. The M1697 incorporates ACPI support, deep green function, and 2-channel Ultra DMA-33/66/100/133 IDE bus master controller, High Definition Audio, all into one 35mmx35mm BGA (Ball Grid Array) chip.
- HyperTransport I/O Link Specification Revision
1.05 and 2.0 compliance.
- Supports all AMD Athlon 64 and X2 Dual-core
family processors: Socket 754, Socket 940 and
- 16 x 16 HyperTransport @2GT/sec Bus to
AMD K8 CPU.
- Low signal swing: 1.2V Ī 0.3V.
- Supports clock frequency up to 1GHz. The peak
bandwidth is up to 8.0GB/s.
- PCI Express Specification 1.0a and 1.1
- PCI Express 1 x16 (x1/x2/x4/x8/x16) or 2 x8
(x1/x2/x4/x8) for Graphics/High Speed I/O
- PCI Express 3 x1 or 1 x4(x1/x2/x4) for High
Speed I/O devices.
- ExpressCard Hot-plug support.
Serial ATA Host Controller
- Supports AHCI (Serial ATA Advanced Host
Controller Interface) Revision 1.0.
- Supports SATA (High Speed Serialized AT
Attachment) Revision 1.0a, 1.5 Gb/s data rate.
- Supports Host adapter register interface (SCR,
Status and Control Registers).
- Independent DMA operation on four ports.
- Supports SATA II 3.0Gb/s features.
Built-in Parallel IDE Controller
- Supports Ultra DMA Mode transfers up to Mode 6
Timing (133 Mbytes/sec).
- Supports 48-bit LBA (Large Disk), hard driver
larger than 137 GB.
- Supports PIO Modes up to Mode 4 Timings, and
Multiword DMA Mode 0, 1, 2 with Independent
Timing of up to 4 drives.
- Dedicated pins of ATA Interface for each
- Supports Tri-state IDE signals for Swap Bay.
High Definition Audio Controller
- Intel HD Audio compliant: enable DVD audio,
streaming video, Internet phone communications
as well as auto switching and detection of audio
- Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA)
- 6 generic output stream DMA Engines.
- 5 generic input stream DMA Engines.
- CORB/RIRB support.
- Immediate command/response interface support.
- 1 SDO for 48Mb/s output bandwidth.
- 3 SDI for 24Mb/s input bandwidth each.
- Modem wake-up support.
- Codec hot-plug support.
- Dual links for HD Audio/ACí97 co-exist.
ACí97 Audio System
- Fully Plug-and-Play PCI controller and software.
- PCI 2.3 compliant bus master optimized for
multiple stream operation.
- Scatter-gathering support.
- Dual PCM inputs and dual microphone inputs
- 6 audio playback channels: PCM_out L/R, Surr
L/R, Center and LFE.
- 20-bit sample resolution support.
- Up to 3 ACí97 SDATA_IN pins support Ė 3
Codecs (2 for audio and 1 for modem).
Software Modem Interface
- Provides ACí97 2.3 compliant digital controller
interface for third parties (such as the AMC
Codecís vendor) to enable the software modem
- 2 separate telephony bus master channels: One
for modem output, one for modem input.
- ACí97 2.3 Modem variable sample rate support
for ďOn DemandĒ sample transport scheme.
- ACí97 2.3 GPIO pin status and control support.
- Power Management and wake-up event support.
- Caller ID string transmission via AC-link support.
1/10/100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet MAC
- Provides 1/10/100 Mbps MAC controller for the
best solution of the phone line/Ethernet LAN
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE
802.3 10BASE-T standard.
- PCI interface controller fully compliant with PCI
- EEPROM interface to store configuration
information and user defined messages.
- Two large independent receive FIFO (2K) &
transmit FIFO (2K) with programmable FIFO
threshold and full packet burst processing.
- Supports automatic packet deletion for runt
packets and packet re-transmission with no FIFO
- Supports Full/Half Duplex operation.
- Physical, broadcast address recognition and
512-bit hash table algorithm for multicast address
- Compliant with ACPI Revision 2.0.
- Compliant with the Network Device Class Power
- Compliant with PCI Bus Power Management
Interface specification 1.1.
- Compliant with IEEE802.3u Auto-negotiation
protocol for automatic link type selection.
- Compliant with the Network Device Class Power
- WFM 2.0 compliance.
|ULi M1697 Chipset|
- One EHCI USB 2.0 and three OHCI USB 1.1
Host Controllers for supporting up to eight USB
- Supports HS (480Mb/s), FS (12Mb/s) and LS
(1.5Mb/s) data transfer rate.
- Supports system wake-up from S1 Ė S4.
- Supports Legacy Keyboard and Mouse emulation
in DOS environment.
- Supports PCI Master and Slave Interface.
- PCI spec. 2.3 compliant.
- PCI Power Management Interface spec.1.1
- Supports up to 5 PCI Masters.
- Supports programmable PCI arbitration priority of
- Provides Steer-able PCI Interrupts for PCI Device
Enhanced DMA Controller
- Provides 7 programmable DMA channels (DMA
channels 0~3 for 8-bit data transfer, DMA
channels 5~7 for 16-bit data transfer).
- 32-bit addressing capability.
- Provides 14 interrupt channels.
- Independent programmable level/edge triggered
- Integrated IO-APIC capability.
Serialized IRQ Supported
- Quiet/continuous mode.
- Programmable (Default 21) IRQ/DATA frames.
- Programmable START frame pulse width.
- Provides 8254 compatible timers for system timer,
refresh request, speaker output use.
- Provides 3 multimedia timers.
Low Pin Count (LPC Rev1.1) Interface
- Supports LPC interface for legacy devices.
- Supports 2 Master/DMA devices.
- Supports TPM (Trusted Platform Module)
Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
- Supports SPI flash ROM.
- Supports both Read and Fast Read commands.
System Management Bus (SMBus)
- Meets SMBus specification v2.0.
- Supports an SMBus device to wake the system
up from S1/S3/S4/S5 by host notify protocol or
Build-in Real Time Clock
- Common calendar year with leap year
- Binary or BCD data representation.
- 12/24 hour mode.
- Daylight saving time option.
- Interfaces with software as 256 bytes of RAM.
- 15 bytes of clock and control registers
- 241 bytes of general-purpose RAM
- Month-of-day alarm.
- Full Support for ACPI and OS Directed Power
- Full Support for Instantly Available PC feature.
- CPU SMM Legacy Mode and SMI Feature
- Full Support of Clock Control Functions.
- Supports external PCI bus I/O and Memory Trap
for issuing SMI function.
- Supports High Precision Event Timers function.
- Supports Microsoft Watch-Dog Timer function.
- PMU Operation States:
- G0/G1 (S1/S3/S4) / G2 (S5) / G3 State
- Legacy Monitor Timers support.
- Low Battery timer support (Mobile Only).
- Provides System Activity Monitoring.
- Multiple External Wakeup Events.
- CLKRUN# Function support for PCI Mobile
Design Guide Ver1.1 (Mobile Only).
- Thermal Alarm support.
- Supports thermal trip function to protect CPU
working over thermal.
- Supports On-Die Throttle function.
- Supports interrupt pending for C2/C3 state.
- Clock Generator Control Logic support.
- CPUCLK Stop Control
- PCICLK Stop Control
- Run Time Events support.
- General Purpose Input, General Purpose
Output and General Purpose Input/Output
- All Registers Readable/Restorable for Proper
Resume from Suspend State.
- Watch Dog Timer for:
- Set a Bit in Register
- Generate an SMI#/SCI/NMI/INIT
- Generate System Reset
838-Ball (35mmx35mm) HSBGA Package
|Your best source for AMD Athlon 64, barebones, DDR, nForce2, nForce3, nForce4, motherboards, notebooks, Opteron, Sempron & Turion 64 information|
|Socket 754 Motherboards
Socket 940 Motherboards
Socket 939 Special
Socket 939 Packaging
Athlon 64 3000+ Special
Athlon 64 3200+ Special
Athlon 64 3400+ Special
Athlon 64 3500+ Special
Athlon 64 3800+ Special
Athlon 64 4000+ Special
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Special
Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Special
Athlon FX 53 Special
Athlon FX 55 Special
Athlon FX 57 Special
Athlon FX 60 Special
Athlon 64 Special
Turion 64 Special
PCI Express Special
World Best Sellers
World Best Price Finders